Once I was out of high school, I cannot recall a time period when I was not “planning” my wedding. I doubt that I am the only girl in the world who would take trips to the large bookstore in the area, pick up a stack of wedding books and magazines, and look through them with a friend as we dreamed and sipped our lattes. Finding wedding ideas on a budget is an important part of the whole process. Follow me now as I share some creative wedding ideas on a budget.
Flowers can be a very costly part of a wedding. Here are just a few wedding ideas on a budget for flowers.
- A spring wedding can save money as flowers are all around you.
- In a fall wedding, leaves and bare branches may be used.
- For a winter wedding, you can make use of pine boughs, tulle, and lights, creating a simple yet beautiful look.
- Artificial flowers can save a lot of money especially if you use the great specials found at hobby stores.
Decorations can be a very important part of the wedding. Here are some wedding ideas on a budget for decorating.
- Keep it simple
- Use more greenery instead of flowers
- Use white lights and tulle. It adds class at a low cost.
- Use what you already have. Integrate your own personal style into the wedding.
- Hit the thrift stores. They are a great place to find glass vases and other items that would add to your wedding.
The food for a wedding depends a lot on where you are from. My being from the Midwest, it was expected that I have a meal for my wedding. In the South where I lived for a time, they often have cake and hors d’oeuvres. Here are some wedding ideas on a budget that will help keep those traditions.
- Instead of having a large wedding cake, use double layer cakes with a tall candle in the middle. Put them on every table as a centerpiece. You can put them on various cake pedestals you borrowed from friends.
- If you still want to have a wedding cake and use the cakes as centerpieces, have a small tiered wedding cake specifically for family.
- Rather than using a caterer, ask several family and or friends to make you and your spouse’s favorite dishes.
- If you feel you need a meal, use heavy hors d’oeuvres in a buffet.
- If you want a served meal, just do a main course rather than three courses, and have the cake served.
Finding wedding ideas on a budget is very important…and you’ve done that! But how are you going to use them? That’s the key.